Guild of the Northern Coast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild of the Northern Coast

Welcome Raiders! We are a tabletop roleplaying club situated in the north east of Scotland. Please use our forums to schedule events and talk about your favorite rps!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League of Legends (LoL)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Meths

Meths

League of Legends (LoL)  Empty
PostSubject: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:44 am

League of Legends (often abbreviated as LoL, and sometimes as LofL) is an action RTS video game developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows,[2] inspired by the Defense of the Ancients (DotA) map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. (< i wikipedia'd some random info haha) Its a Free to play game (not on steam)

So yeah.. I Know Alec, Andrew and I play It, But I was wondering if anyone else did ^^, or would like to start Razz

I'm sure your all skilled avid gamers so if you all started, games would be awesome ;D ... its kinda hard to explain what the game is like though tbh, It is an RTS But it's very different to the usual build a base and spam infantry type RTS haha... its free so may as well give it a try ^w^

TY Meths lol!

p.s. My Name on lol is Phiirob if you wanna add me ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Show-Yourself/219916544707980
Cherry
Admin
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:50 pm

I played a little, but got met with so many raging bastards who blamed me for losing because I was a newbie that I haven't played since.
Back to top Go down
https://northerncoast.forumotion.co.uk
Lapster

Lapster

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:00 am

Cherry wrote:
I played a little, but got met with so many raging bastards who blamed me for losing because I was a newbie that I haven't played since.
Yeah thats one of the main problems these kinds of games have tbh, I only got into it because I played premade teams with friends, the LOL comunity can be abysmal sometimes. Although bear in mind quite a lot of the time the people who go around blaming everyone else are just as bad as they're accusing their teammates of being but just like scapegoating.
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Admin
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:08 am

Well if anyone is willing to teach me how to play well and be nie I'm up for it XD
Back to top Go down
Meths

Meths

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:40 am

Haha, yeah you have to learn to not retaliate to those sorts of people on LoL... but yeah, if you started we could have a couple of games against AI and help you out ^^
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Admin
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:54 am

Sounds like a plan Very Happy
Tomorrow at seven? Smile

I put a post in the "other" events about it Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGnomeOfReason

TheGnomeOfReason

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:55 am

Meths wrote:
League of Legends (often abbreviated as LoL, and sometimes as LofL) is an action RTS video game developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows,[2] inspired by the Defense of the Ancients (DotA) map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. (< i wikipedia'd some random info haha) Its a Free to play game (not on steam)

So yeah.. I Know Alec, Andrew and I play It, But I was wondering if anyone else did ^^, or would like to start Razz

I'm sure your all skilled avid gamers so if you all started, games would be awesome ;D ... its kinda hard to explain what the game is like though tbh, It is an RTS But it's very different to the usual build a base and spam infantry type RTS haha... its free so may as well give it a try ^w^

TY Meths lol!

p.s. My Name on lol is Phiirob if you wanna add me ^^

What are you on about ya loon? it's not an RTS, It's a MOBA. A Multi-player Online Battle Arena. check your abbreviations
Back to top Go down
Lapster

Lapster

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:02 am

TheGnomeOfReason wrote:
What are you on about ya loon? it's not an RTS, It's a MOBA. A Multi-player Online Battle Arena. check your abbreviations
Well technically it is an RTS and MOBA is a subgenre of RTS. After all MOBA games are esentially just glorified Warcraft 3 mods with their own engines.

On a semi related note since I forgot to mention it earlier my "summoner name" on LoL is Lapsterr because I am creative
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Admin
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:27 am

Mine is Ch3s7nu7 I think?
Look at me with all my numbers XD

And on a sidenote, WCIII is AMAZING! Night Elves ftw! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheGnomeOfReason

TheGnomeOfReason

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:32 pm

fair point Laps, My summoner name on LoL is Godsmasherbot, cus it's what I use everywhere online.
Might make a lowbie account, if I do I'll let you know through steam what the name is.
Back to top Go down
Meths

Meths

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 am

I was Just thinking That i should maybe make a new LoL account and delete my old one... cause i'm not happy with the amount of losses i have. I'm not a bad played its just more often than not I've had lag resulting in losses so i might make a new account and lose less haha
Back to top Go down
Lapster

Lapster

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 am

Honestly losses aren't all that important, I'm still only about 20 wins above my losses as is. Nobody can actually see how many times you've lost though so it really isn't a huge thing. Not to mention the fact you then have to reacquire all your champs and whatnot. Besides theres no guarantee you'd get more wins on the new than the old after all. Still if you're fine with re unlocking some stuff theres not much to lose by doing it (Judgement Kayle aside). Also accounts can't actually be deleted as far as I'm aware so you'd have to just abandon the old one =p
Back to top Go down
Meths

Meths

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:20 am

Oh yeah thats true.. I've bought a skin or two over time having that account.. i suppose.
I just got annoyed today when my losses and wins became the same amount :/
Back to top Go down
Lapster

Lapster

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:24 am

Yeah big losing streaks can be frustrating as hell sometimes. My record is 13 more losses than wins I believe, am at +27 now, you jsut need to press on and hope you don't get terribad teams all the time.
Back to top Go down
Meths

Meths

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:14 am

Yeah, thats the annoying thing... Also i've played akali So long I'm finding it harder to play with other characters xD... need to branch out haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends (LoL)    League of Legends (LoL)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League of Legends (LoL)
Page 1 of 1