Guild of the Northern Coast

Welcome Raiders! We are a tabletop roleplaying club situated in the north east of Scotland. Please use our forums to schedule events and talk about your favorite rps!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dark Harvest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cherry
Admin

PostSubject: Dark Harvest   Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:05 am

This is a new roleplaying game that looks super awesome! I've actually borrowed the book from the guy who designed the rp system for it, so I'm really keen to promote it. Once I get my own copy of the book we could run some games?

THE PREMISE:

What if Frankenstein got it right?

What if Victor Frankenstein had embraced his discoveries rather than seeking to destroy them?

Rejected by his peers and his family, hunted by the Creature, Victor slips into the background of history. Manipulating people, events, whole countries, Frankenstein slowly plans and executes his revenge.

Carved out of the Balkan conflicts of the mid-1800’s, Victor Frankenstein hijacks the unification of Romania and creates his own country: Promethea. Established on high ideals of equality and scientific advancement for the good of all, the reality is very different.

Creating Promethea saw Victor make deals that compromised the integrity of his vision. Almost literally walled off from the rest of Europe, Promethea is a nightmare where the rich elite feed off the beauty and strength of the poor. While incredible advances across all scientific disciplines promise a bright future, the land is blighted by a new feudal regime – the Harvest.

Even as Frankenstein moves to bring Promethea in line with his original vision, so he is stalked by the Creature. Seeking to destroy all his creator’s works, the Creature and the resistance movement he leads often find they share Frankenstein’s goals. Both Victor and the Creature know that Frankenstein’s gift must never escape the fortified borders of Promethea, bringing the dark harvest to all the world.

Dark Harvest: Legacy of Frankenstein is a detailed, fascinating game setting, a terrifyingly plausible alternative history and a fiction anthology; a gothic horror fantasy that will appeal to gamers and the general public alike.

A standalone product, Dark Harvest: Legacy of Frankenstein uses a version of the Heresy Engine system and is fully compatible with the Victoriana 2nd Edition, also available from Cubicle 7 Entertainment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northerncoast.forumotion.co.uk
pudding437
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Harvest   Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:23 am

So it is sort of like DnD, but set in a world of its own? It does seem very interesting, and I do really like alternate histories/What if... stories. If you you could bring it on Wednesday if possible, I wanna have a look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paintingsheepblue.deviantart.com/
Cherry
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Harvest   Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:00 am

I shall, if its okay with Steve that I have it this long. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northerncoast.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Harvest   

Back to top Go down

Dark Harvest